Do you need to know how to butterfly shrimp?
This page will show you how to prepare butterflied shrimp for your favorite recipes.
The video below explains how to butterfly a peeled,deveined shrimp. You can also butterfly shrimp with the shell on.
Recipes like our Grilled Stuffed Shrimp With Crab Meat Stuffing is prepared using shrimp with the shell still on.
There is also an article below that you might enjoy on How to Butterfly Shrimp with a Twist.
This video is from the Cooking Guide and it will show you in approx. 30 seconds how to Butterfly a shrimp, it's that easy!
Here are the instructions:
1. Holding shrimp in one hand, with it’s back side up, insert a sharp knife about ¾ of the way into the shrimp starting at the head region.
2. Make a slice down the center of it’s back from head region to it’s tail, but, not into the tail.
3. Do Not Cut all the way through the shrimp
4. Now, open the flesh or meat of the shrimp until shrimp lies flat.
5. Rinse shrimp under cold running water and then pat dry.
Here is an article you might enjoy:
How to Make Butterfly Shrimp With a Twist
By Johny Young Lee
Butterfly shrimp is a simple appetizer where a shrimp is cut down the middle, flattened out, and cooked to make it easy to eat. However, the recipe is going to add a couple twists. In this recipe, we're going to keep the shell on and on top put a mixture or fish roe and mayonnaise and cheese and bake it. It will open your eyes to how many different kinds of recipes exists for one type of food.
The ingredients you will need are regular sized shrimp, a pack of fish roe (preferably orange, but any color will work), mayonnaise, and american processed cheese.
1) The first thing to do is to prepare the shrimp. First, make a butterfly cut on the shrimp. A butterfly cut means simply cutting the shrimp right now the middle, but not all the way, and flattening it out. When most people make butterfly shrimp, they will peel the shell, but in this recipe we will leave it on.
2) Before cooking the shrimp, we will make the sauce that goes on top of the shrimp. The sauce is very simple. Get a couple spoonfuls of the fish roe and mix it with two to three tablespoons of mayonnaise. You are done with the sauce for now.
3) Now it's time to cook the shrimp. You can cook it in either a conventional mini oven or a stove oven. I prefer using a conventional mini oven over a stove oven because you won't need that much space and you will also save electricity. Place a row of shrimp on the rack, butterfly side up. Put a bit of the roe and mayonnaise mixture and make sure to spread it around so that every part of the shrimp gets the sauce. Next put a good sized piece of american cheese right on top of the sauce.
4) Put the tray of shrimp into the mini oven and cook it at 350 degrees for about 10 to 15 minutes.
5) Now simply serve the shrimp as appetizers and watch people as they tell you how delicious this shrimp recipe is.
There are many varieties of how to make shrimp; it is up to the person to think of the ways that we can make the shrimp.
TVLesson.com is a community educational based for all users. Variety of different how to lessons can be searched in more than 14 different categories. We welcome our users to register and join the TV Lesson community so they can help us develop and fine tune the TV Lesson experience to the community's needs. Join us and share your own wisdom and know-how by uploading your videos. Many lessons can be found in variety of channels. Sharing lessons can be a great way to connect in community and to increase knowledge. All lessons are carefully hand-selected and filtered to provide the best instructional videos.
Are you getting tired of searching for free video tutorials online? Now you can find all lessons in just one place. Explore our largest video library collection of free how-to videos.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Johny_Young_Lee