Try these Creamy Shrimp Nachos at your next party. They'll be a big hit!
2 cups (8 ounces) grated Queso Blanco or Monterey Jack cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise
4 ounces cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and coarsely chopped
1/4 cup minced green onions
1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, puréed and strained
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
3/4 cup (about 3 ounces) grated Cotija cheese*
2 1/2 dozen large, flat tortilla chips
2 1/2 dozen fresh cilantro leaves
*This cheese can be found in two varieties: medium-hard, which has a crumbly, feta-like texture, and extra-hard, which is similar to Parmesan. Either type can be used in this recipe. If Cotija cheese is unavailable, you may substitute feta, but may wish to omit additional salt.
1. Preheat broiler.
2. In medium bowl, stir together Queso Blanco or Monterey Jack cheese, mayonnaise, shrimp, onions, chipotle puree, chopped cilantro, lime zest and cumin.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Spread about 1 tablespoon mixture onto each tortilla chip and place on a baking sheet.
5. Broil until mixture begins to brown, about 1 minute. Sprinkle each with generous teaspoon Cotija cheese.
6. Put a cilantro leaf on each nacho and serve immediately.
You might also like these Shrimp Appetizer recipes:
Layered Shrimp and
Shrimp Party Dip
For more recipes like this Creamy Shrimp Nachos recipe, click here.
Cooking Shrimp Tips I How To Buy Shrimp I How To Butterfly Shrimp
How To Clean and Devein Shrimp I Video Recipes I Shrimp Sauces